The JCU Fitness Center is located in the Gianicolo Residence (Vicolo della Penitenza, 26). It is open in the following hours:
Monday – Friday from 10.00 AM to 7.15 PM
The safety of our members and staff is our priority, so we’ve made some changes to our facilities and procedures to ensure you can continue safely on your fitness journey with confidence. Everyone will have a part to play in keeping one another safe, so please familiarize yourself with the changes and follow the advice of our staff.
- All students need to be in compliance with JCU Health and Safety regulations (forms, covid testing, etc)
- Gym will open starting from September 28th . It is located in the Gianicolo residence
- Submit your physical note (Certificato Non Agonistico) issued by an Italian Doctor- email Athletics [email protected] to receive more information about it
- Pre-book your session. Only those who have booked a gym, will be able to enter the residence and gym. RESERVE YOUR SPOT HERE. You will not be able to book at reception. Please note, you will not be permitted access into the gym you are more than five minutes late, this is so we can manage capacities and social distancing in the corridors and stairwells.
- Arrive on time and ready to work out. Please come in your workout clothes, as the changing rooms will not be available as well as showers. Please only bring a small drawstring bag for your belongings.
- We encourage members to wear a face covering when making their way to and from a session. Please note, though you do not need to wear a face covering when exercising, you are welcome to do so if you prefer.
- Clean equipment after use. Please help protect yourself and fellow members by cleaning the gym equipment before and after use, with the cleaning products provided. Focus on areas you have touched such as handles and screens. Return all gym equipment and cleaning products to where they belong so other members do not have to search around the gym.
The gym is equipped with treadmills, bicycles, various cardiovascular machines, as well as a nautilus machine and free weights.
The Fitness Center provides lockers and restrooms.
Please find below the Outdoor Fitness Classes available for the Fall 2020 semester. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR A CLASS!
CLASSES DESCRIPTION (↑ = lowest intensity – ↑↑↑↑↑ = highest intensity)
Abs & Legs + Stretching: ↑↑↑↑↑ – A form of aerobics set to fun and pumping music! An intense mix of body-weight and light-weight exercises to strength and tone core and legs specifically. The last 30 minutes of each class are dedicated to muscles stretching.
BFEx: ↑↑↑↑ – If you aspire to improve the functionality of your body movements using a sophisticated and scientifically grounded methodology, join the BFEx practice. By using special equipment, the technique is based on the need to calibrate joints and the coordination of the muscle synergy through maximal flexion and extension.
Cheerdance: ↑↑ – Cheer-dance sessions work on creating organized routines which contain tumbling, dance, jumps, cheers, and stunt moves. Come to have fun while having fun!
Fitcross: ↑↑↑↑↑ – This is a strength-and-conditioning program that incorporates high-intensity interval training, olympic weightlifting, gymnastics, calisthenics, and other disciplines. Come and get stronger!
Functional Training/Boot Camp: ↑↑↑↑ – This class is designed to train and develop your muscles to make it easier and safer to perform everyday activities, such as carrying groceries or playing a game soccer with your friends.
HIIT: ↑↑↑↑↑ – HIIT, or high-intensity interval training, is a training technique in which you give all-out, one hundred percent effort through quick, intense bursts of exercise, followed by short, sometimes active, recovery periods. This type of training gets and keeps your heart rate up and burns more fat in less time.
Kick Boxing/Cardio Kick Boxing: ↑↑↑↑ – A great workout for everyone interested in improving their fitness & stamina! This course integrates combinations of punches, kicks, and additional muscle and motion exercises to strengthen and tone. You will have fun, reduce stress, and get an awesome workout.
Upper Body: ↑↑↑ – A 30-minute class that focuses on strength and muscle endurance for the complete upper body, including arms, shoulders and back.
Yoga: ↑↑↑ – Flow through a series of dynamic movements that will increase your flexibility, restore balance, and strengthen your core muscles. Come to find your inner peace!
Aikido: ↑↑↑ – Aikido is a modern Japanese martial art that uses locks, holds, throws, and the opponent’s own movements. It’s a very effective martial art for self defense, not only because it teaches how to defend against a variety of attacks, but because it also trains our state of mind and physical condition. Improved posture and breathing help us to fit better into our bodies; a positive state of mind affects how we move in the world and how we are perceived by others.
To use the gym and join all JCU activities, everyone needs an Italian physical (Certificato Medico Non Agonistico). Our doctor usually runs physical examinations during Orientation days and the first weeks of classes for each semester. Please contact [email protected] if you need one.